The Amrit Story
Welcome to Amrit
Amrit dares to care for the children with special needs
Amrit Centre for Special Needs, Formerly “The Society for the Aid of handicapped children”
voluntary organization which started to function in 1963 to cater to the needs of mentally and physically challenged children. Currently in the 59th year of service, the Institution has extended its services to help differently abled persons in their physical and psychological adjustment to Society..
The Institution has well equipped departments with well-trained personnel to handle the services mentioned. In appreciation of its services for the cause of the differently abled, the Society was awarded the “BEST INSTITUTION AWARD” by the Social Welfare Department, Government of Tamilnadu in 1992.
The society is largely supported in its activities by help received fram Philantropist Public, Industrialists, Rotary Clubs, Ladies Circles, Inner Wheel Clubs. Lions Clubs, Sathya Sai Samithis etc.
Amrit Scaling New Heights
* Caters to Children from the stage of infants to Adulthood. Categorised academic, functional and vocational education
and training along with extra curricular activities like sports, Music, Dance and Yoga.
* Computer based traing program using information technology, peer training with peer supervision.
* Amrit Model shop for training in small retailing business activities.
* Adult activity Centre enabling young adults to acquire specific skills for job activities.
* Presently catering to 130 differently abled children and young adults supported by pro managing committee, qualified and experienced staff (Teaching and Non Teaching ) and helpers